TMB Peroxidase Substrate
TMB peroxidase substrates are used in ELISA applications. A common detection enzyme used in the development of immunoassays for diagnostic applications is horseradish peroxidase (HRP), which is a small, stable enzyme, ~40 kDa, that can be easily conjugated to an antibody, hapten, or peptide. Several substrates are available for use with HRP, but the most common is TMB. Surmodics™ IVD offers several choices for one component TMB substrates with varying kinetic rates for optimization of your assays.
Surmodics IVD’s TMB peroxidase substrate solution products provide unparalleled and consistent performance for ELISA applications. Our BioFX™ TMB peroxidase substrates offer assay developers best in class sensitivity, stability and low background in a one-component format.
Surmodics IVD’s TMB peroxidase substrates outperform competitors for low background, stability and sensitivity with a variety of kinetic rate substrates. Our one-component formulations provide optimal signal generation, longer shelf lives and the ability to streamline manufacturing of assays.Learn More
TMB Peroxidase Microwell Substrates
Surmodics IVD is a leading provider of TMB peroxidase microwell substrates. These reagents are the gold standard for lot-to-lot consistency, sensitivity, stability and overall help assay developers to achieve their optimum level of detection. There are several technical advantages when using our TMB peroxidase substrates including the following:
- Longer Stability:
- Up to 4 years of shelf life stability and prolonged room temperature stability.
- Increased Sensitivity:
- Increased signal-to-noise ratios and ability to quantitate through the desired assay range
- Multiple formulations with different kinetic rates satisfy the measurable range requirements of any assay
- Negligible Backgrounds:
- Elimination of backgrounds yields lower error through any assay system
- Ease of Manufacture
- Ready-to-use formulations with reliable performance and long shelf lives
- Manufactured in an ISO 13485/9001facility for lot-to-lot consistency
Surmodics IVD’s TMB Peroxidase Microwell Substrates:
- BioFX TMB Conductivity One Component HRP Microwell Substrate
- Product Code: TMBC
- Mid-kinetic range substrate for ELISA applications.
- BioFX TMB Super Sensitive One Component HRP Microwell Substrate
- Product Code: TMBS
- Gives assay developers maximal signal generation and low backgrounds while maintaining a long shelf life.
- TMB One Component HRP Microwell Substrate
- Product Code: TMBW
- Gives assay developers the best possible tool to maximize shelf life stability and lower backgrounds while setting the industry standard for signal generation of the standard curve.
- TMB Extended Range HRP Microwell Substrate
- Product Code: TMBX
- Low-kinetic range substrate for ELISA applications.
- TMB Double Slow One Component HRP Microwell Substrate
- Product Code: TMDS
- low-kinetic range substrate for ELISA applications.
- TMB Slow Kinetic One Component HRP Microwell Substrate
- Product Code: TMSK
- mid-kinetic range substrate for ELISA applications.
- TMB Super Slow One Component HRP Microwell Substrate
- Product Code: TTMB
- low-kinetic range substrate for ELISA applications.
TMB Peroxidase Membrane/Precipitating Substrates:
In addition to our TMB peroxidase microwell substrates, Surmodics IVD also offers TMB peroxidase membrane substrates. Our TMB peroxidase membrane substrates outperform competitors for low background, stability and sensitivity.
Surmodics offers both HRP and AP formulations of membrane substrates to provide a “one stop shop” fora variety of applications including the development of point-of-care technologies, dot blots, western blots, ELISpots and more.
Our TMB peroxidase membrane substrates also offer unparalleled consistency & quality. Along with all Surmodics IVD’s reagents, they are manufactured under stringent conditions that minimize variation among production lots. Surmodics is an ISO 13485/9001 certified and a 21CFR820 compliant facility and is committed to delivering quality products.
Surmodics IVD’s TMB Peroxidase Membrane/Precipitating Substrates:
- TMB Enhanced HRP Membrane Substrate
- Product Code: ESPM
- Provides an intense staining pattern for increased sensitivity..
- TMB One Component HRP Membrane Substrate
- Product Code: TMBM
- Provides increased sensitivity with low backgrounds.
Visit the link below to request free samples of our TMB peroxidase substrates.Contact Us
Intended Use of TMB Peroxidase Substrate
Due to the unique way the TMB Peroxidase substrate acts when it interacts with enzymes, it is possible to use this substrate product for a wide variety of applications including ELISA procedures. It can cause the solution to turn a faint blue color. This specific hue of blue allows assay developers and researchers to utilize the TMB peroxidase substrate to determine specific bioassay characteristics. The TMB peroxidase substrate allows it to donate hydrogen during the reduction of peroxidase substrate enzymes. The TMB peroxidase substrate changes to absorb a wavelength of light of a known value that can be readily measured by aiming a spectrophotometer at the substrate. If the product or the substrate is exposed to acidic conditions the solution will turn a yellow color instead which can also be measured easily with a spectrophotometer.
Applications of TMB Peroxidase Substrate
The TMB substrate product is recommended to use with ELISA peroxidase-based enzyme immunoassays. The product can be used by adding the TMB substrate to the peroxidase reaction. If the substrate is measured carefully and is able to react as with a peroxidase it will be able to donate a hydrogen. Whether the substrate donates a hydrogen to the peroxidase enzyme also depends on if the peroxidase is in a basic or acidic solution.